Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 7

We headed to our home away from home (Lowes) first thing to grab interior and exterior paint as well as wood to repair the chimney rot. When we got to Sugar Pine I got started pressure washing the shed and David stripped the chimney of all the rotten siding. Once I finished I grabbed my paintbrush and began priming the awfully ugly siding and trim on the house. I will never understand why someone would paint their house brown and hunter green...makes no sense! I was able to prime half of the back of the house and Dave knocked out a bunch of the siding installation on the chimney before it got dark on us. The power company turned on our power today (yay!!) so we were able to work late inside. We swept all the floors and organized all of our tools so we could have a neat area to work in. David cleaned out the attic, which was full of bags of Depends and creepy stuffed animals (pretty funny) while I started cleaning out and painting the fireplace before we called it a night...

Here's the pics of the wonderful results the pressure washing had on the house and fence yesterday as well as the shed today!

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER
BEFORE

AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER
"Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world."
- Joel A. Barker


...17 days and counting...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! The afters are amazing! What a transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy, huh?! The gross-ness was washed away!

    ReplyDelete