Friday, October 12, 2012

The 24-Day Challenge

Well, The Beast is officially THE BEAUTY!!!!! Dave jokingly called it my self-employment "boot camp". I can say flipping that property was one of the hardest things I've done in my life. There were soooo many challenges and I'm proud of us for staying committed to the project - especially at the end, working for 30+ straight days to get it done (which resulted in my totally neglecting the blog!). I should have taken a picture of my overflowing kitchen sink...it definitely would have reflected our absence from home! We are extremely happy with the product we delivered and estatic the eight month renovation is OVER! We have had 3 showings in the past week and 2 scheduled for tomorrow...check out the final pics on our Facebook page!

www.facebook.com/phoenix.avenue.5

Okay, so we are now working on 2 other properties, Deerwood & Sugar Pine...Deerwood is coming along nicely! Demo is complete, tile floors are in, all new sheetrock is hung, roof is complete, AC is installed, front gable is built, and paint is going up. The brand new kitchen cabinets and granite will be installed in the next few weeks. I can't wait to see it all come together! While this is going on, we are hopping over to Sugar Pine which leads me to The 24-Day Challenge...

Our goal from start date to finish date for this property is 24 days...pretty ambitious I know but we thought it would be fun to challenge ourselves. Plus, we could REALLY use a payday - so we gotta bust hump getting it finished and on the market! Sugar Pine is gonna be a fun one though since it is mainly all cosmetic work - needs some paint, siding repair, flooring, countertops, and a little sprucing up. Don't get me wrong...the place is pretty nasty - but not for long!

Today was Day 1, consisting of a massive yard clean-up. Out with the old!!

Our weapons of choice!

...23 days and counting...



2 comments: