Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Just Do SOMETHING!

A few years back my partner-in-crime and I signed up for a "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" conference planning to learn a bit about business management (David was working on growing his metal art & fabrication business - he's an amazing welder, fabricator, and art sculptor in addition to all of his other talents!). Surprisingly, we learned very little about business management (man, were we frustrated, ha!) but a whole lot about real estate investing. We always had an interest in investing (so not all was lost!) but really never knew where to start. At this same conference were two wholesalers out of Pensacola who happened to close a deal with a $40,000 paycheck while we were there. Obviously, this intrigued us - so we sat at their table and asked them as many questions as possible pertaining to how they had become so successful. One of their main points was to join a real estate investors association for education and networking opportunities...

After the conference weekend came to a close, we started researching for a local association we could be a part of...Low and behold, we discovered Port City Real Estate Investors Association! We started going to the meetings and met the association Founder who just so happened to have started a mentoring program. This was just what we needed! We signed up with him and jumped right in with both feet.

Fast forward to now...We are about to purchase our 12th flip and are working towards flipping 5 properties at one time. If someone had told us at that conference we would both be self-employed full-time real estate investors in just a few years, I would have laughed and thought they were crazy! I'm forever grateful to those wholesalers who told us where to go to find active investors in our area who could steer us in the right direction. They helped change my life!

All of this to say, I feel an obligation to "pay it forward" to someone who might need some direction. Research for a local REIA group you could be a part of to learn more about investing...AND, if you happen to be in my city, check out Port City REIA! See below for a few pics from the REIA meeting we actually had last night. David and I were on an open forum panel where we (more so Dave - public speaking terrifies me! I DID showcase our new "Phoenix Avenue LLC" t-shirts though, ha!) had the opportunity to talk about our flipping business and where we see the market heading. Afterwards, we met some great folks and got a few leads on some potential deals...See why networking is so important??

So get involved. Get moving. Just do SOMETHING. Make active steps to change your future. Trust me, you won't regret it!


PS - I "borrowed" these pics from Port City REIA's facebook page...check 'em out!


Great turnout!

Dave sharing his thoughts...

Notice my new marketing gear? PA, LLC t-shirt, baby!

Networking time!

More networking...





2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you two! On a panel...your public speaking fears will be eradicated after a few more of those, Anns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laur!
    Ha! I don't know...I may just hire YOU to come do my part next time, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete